Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting -Yealands Estate Sauvignon Blanc Seaview Vineyard

Name: Yealands Estate Sauvignon Blanc Seaview Vineyard
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2008
Price: $21

Vintage Cellar Review: This aromatic wine shows lifted flavours of black currant with underlying notes of wet stone and thyme. The palate is elegant yet full with sufficient weight and texture, balanced by flinty minerality. This wine is a fantastic match with foods such as cheese, salad, poultry dishes and a wide range of seafood dishes including freshly shucked natural oysters, prawns, green lip mussels and creamy scallops.

My Review: I slightly enjoyed this wine but it is not my favorite. I tasted a lot of the mineral element but I also got a taste of green pepper. I would drink this again though and I imagine it would be better with food.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment