Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting -Rosemount Estate Moscato

Name: Rosemount Estate Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: $12

VC Review: Clear, medium-yellow in appearance; lovely citrus and honeysuckle aromas with lemon, honeysuckle, apple and ripe yellow plum flavours. Serve chilled with angel food cake or fresh fruit and mild cheeses.

My Review: The only tasting note I wrote for this wine was "sugar water." It was like drinking liquid cotton candy. It was way too sweet for my palate. On the nose, I picked up the honeysuckle and citrus elements. However, I didn't get any of that on my palate. If there was any citrus acidity, it could have balanced it out nicely. I feel like this is something I would have drank as a 14 year old teeny bopper.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment