Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting -Librandi Ciro Rosso Classico

Name: Librandi Ciro Rosso Classico
Variety: Gaglioppo
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $14

VC Review: Don't let the pale garnet color fool you: this is a substantial wine. Aromas of red fruits and spice complement undertones of cranberries, wild berries, and plums. On the palate, ripe tannins and good body make for an incredibly rich, yet easygoing red wine. Pair this wine with sausage, spicy curry sauces, hot soppressata, and tandoori chicken.

My Review: I thought this wine had a good tannin component. I also thought that there was a nice spiciness and a hint of black pepper. It balanced nicely with a hint of dark fruit. I'm surprised I liked this wine as much as I did.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment