Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tasting -Avery Quinn Chardonnay

 Name: Avery Quinn Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Napa, California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $7

Winery Review: The 2011 vintage marks a return to form for this great value Chardonnay. The aromas feature creamy, mellow, golden apple, pineapple, fresh butter and a touch of vanilla. Then rich, ripe flavors of yellow pear, pineapple, fresh apple, cream and  buttered toast swell up and fill your mouth before a juicy, apple and caramel inflected finish makes your mouth water (and smile!).

My Review: I was overwhelmed with the buttery creaminess of this wine, though I did enjoy it. The description made me think this wine would be more apple-y, but I picked up on the pineapple a lot, the butteriness, and the caramel finish. It was pretty good for a Chardonnay.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.




No comments:

Post a Comment