Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tasting -Marimar Don Miguel Chardonnay 2010 Russian River

 Name: Marimar Don Miguel Chardonnay 2010 Russian River
Variety: Chardonnay 
Region: Sonoma, California 
Country: United States 
Year: 2007
Price: $50

Wine Review: It's unbelievable that this Chardonnay is unoaked, it's so incredibly rich and creamy. Just packed with layers of tropical fruits, peaches, Asian pear and oatmeal cookies. All that butter and cream must be from the malolactic fermentation and aging on the lees. One of the best unoaked Chardonnays ever. 

My Review: I was excited to taste this wine because it was the most expensive bottle they were tasting at the Vintage Cellar. However, I didn't think it was that much better than some of the cheaper bottles I tasted. It had a fruity nose and was very creamy. I wouldn't pay $50 for it.

I tasted this wine without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment