Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tasting -Bay Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Bay Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Livermore and Ripon, California
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $4

Winery Review: The subtle undertones of tannins arrive first to your taste buds and are light. The wine is smooth and sultry with an crisp, fresh finish with a full body and hints of red berries.

My Review: I initially picked up hints of cherry and black currant on the nose. The cherry flavor developed on my palate and reminded me of Cherry Coke. I found the tannic component to be very strong. Given this is a cheap bottle of unaged red wine, it's not something I particularly enjoy drinking and I'll probably finish this bottle as part of
a marinade.

I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment